Thursday, July 12, 2012

Winner 55 Word Challenge: Week Sixteen

Winner 55 Word Challenge:
Week Sixteen


This wasn’t easy. I read and re-read most of the stories until I finally got it down to my four favorites. So here it is…
 Honorable Mentions:
@caramichaels: I loved where this story went.  Ambition is a good thing, but it can be the downfall of a lot of people. Makes me wonder if Alice is desperate enough for success to drink the elixir.
@klingorengi : Sometimes I think I am a bad influence on Jeff. He used to write such nice stories. Now he’s gotten he horror bug and I love this particular one. The line, Any living thing had to rest eventually, roped me in, hook, line and sinker.
 @michelawalters: Again, I am a sucker for great punch lines. “Now who’s dessert?” was that line for me.

Winner:
@tollykit wins this week, which I believe makes this her second win. Like I said before, I may have to come up with a special prize for winning more than once. Maybe after winning 5 times?
I came back to this story again and again. Read it and you will see why.

Tall, dark and handsome. My mouth watered as the heady scent of warm musk hit me. Anticipation flowed through my veins as I dealt the cards, and painted a future of love and wealth. And when he was at his happiest I drank him dry; savouring every drop. The cards never lie, but I do.

55 words
@tollykit

Elaine, DM and let me know if you want a card from B&N or Amazon, along with your email addy. I’ll have it sent to you by next week! And don’t forget your winners badge. ;-)

Thank you everyone for your entries and check back next week for some new photo prompts. If you are interested in guest judging or donating a prize, let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment