Friday, October 26, 2012

Winner 55 Word Challenge: Week Thirty-Two

Winner 55 Word Challenge
Week Thirty-Two
 
 

Thank you to Erik Gustafson for judging this week and for inspiring our muses. He didn't have an easy time choosing, there were so many wonderful entries. Please check out his book, The Fishers, it is free on Amazon and Smashwords. He also has several other books that I am sure you will enjoy, including Fall Leaves and the Black Dragon, which one person will win today. So here are the results...


Honorable Mentions:

@vatrask  From a lonely hill at the edge of the earth, under a velvet sky and a fingernail moon, the tribe of lost souls danced their last; for when morning came the pied piper would rise and from his feigning slumber play a tune that nobody could resist, taking them all back to their skyward homes.

@annecmichaud  I touched the moon with your soul, it escaped after I scrapped it off your bones, and while it flew through your skin, your screams died in the night.
touched the sky when I died, after you shredded me to pieces, years of love and hate, now we are one.

@ChessnySilth From a lone house perched by the woods, came a gurgling scream.
Day turned to night; the crescent moon illuminating the scene of horror below.
Daybreak filled the sky with fiery colors, and a new voice echoed through the valley.
It was an infant, wailing for his mother’s breast, having fought his way to freedom.

 

Winner:

@writesidemama:  Each month, on the night of the cat-eyed moon, you can hear the woodwinds play. If you happen to live in a cabin across from the hills, you might even see them dancing. Beware being caught watching, though, or they will forever haunt your soul.
This story also included all 3 prompts and is the winner of the Over Achiever Prize. Writesidemama, you can DM your email address to me or send it to my email, jezri@writing.com,  for the  $5.00 Gift Card and also I will be sending you Erik’s book, Fall Leaves and The Black Dragon. Please put  Challenge in the subject line if you email.
EVERYONE that entered, if you would like the Jezri’s Nightmares Refrigerator Magnet, I need your actual physical mailing address. Send them to jezri@writing.com with the subject line, Coffin Hop. If you didn’t enter and would like a magnet, check out my interview with Dan Dillard for another opportunity to win it. I also have other giveaways for the Coffin Hop so be sure to check out each day.
If you are an artist and would like to contribute to a challenge, or if you would like to judge one week, let me know, I am always willing to pass the axe onto someone else.
Thank you and see you all next week!

P.S. Be sure to check out the Zombie Run. Only a few more days left to enter.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I'm so honored that he chose mine. I'm looking forward to reading his book. This was really fun. I'll be back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winners, great stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the winner's piece, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete