Thursday, May 3, 2012

Winner 55 Word Challenge: Round 7

Winner 55 Word Challenge:
Round 7


Sorry for the delay in announcing the winners. I lay down for just a little bit and fell asleep.
There were some great entries this week and a lot of interesting takes on the prompts.

Honorable Mentions:
@WakefieldMahon He awed me with his story this week. I loved the mythological take on the two scenes.
@ChuckWesJ Great job turning this scene into something more sinister.
QML This one left me with a WTF feeling, lol. I wasn’t sure if he shoved the boy through and trapped him, or sent him on his way but I loved it.

And the WINNER is”


@J_M_Blackman who convinced me that it wasn’t a good thing to keep a god waiting.

"Spring's Maiden"


She followed the vulnerable amethyst trail down stone steps, careful of her boots, careless of her matching robe: perhaps the scent would linger, appease her lord.

It was not likely, of course, but when you kept a god waiting, it was best to be mollifying, to indulge.

Particularly since Hades was not known for patience.

Thank you everyone for entering. The winner gets this badge and a $5.00 Gift card to either Amazon or Barnes and Noble.  See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot, Wakefield! I thought you'd win for sure. In fact, every single entry I read, I went, "oh, they're winning." But it started with yours. And I read it a few times over. Everybody's entries were great.

    ReplyDelete