Thursday, May 31, 2012

Winner 55 Word Challenge: Week Eleven


Winner 55 Word Challenge
Week Eleven


The results are in. Here is what the judges had to say!


We made our decisions (in record time, I think). The stories were great and we had a lot of fun reading and discussing them.


Honorable Mentions:

Jeffrey Hollar - @Klingorengi Cara Says - Jeff is my pick. I loved Shal Khar and his faded greatness. This aging tiger has known the fierceness of the wild, and the opening of the story sets that up so well. To have the moment shattered by younger cats and the realization of Shal Khar's captivity made a great finish. Great story, Jeff!

J.M. Blackan - @J_M_Blackman Siobhan Says - Jalisa is my pick. What I loved about her story was the sense of a woman waiting for her lover to return, patient with her longing. Then the turn around at the end where she watered the grass with his faithless blood made me nod and grin. Oh yeah, he learned the hard way. Nicely done!

Winner: J. Whitworth Hazzard - @zombiemechanics

Cara Says - Fantastically funny story. I got pretty quickly from 'Tony' and the title that I might be seeing the world from a tiger POV. The whole story made me laugh with its very human references and great finish. Brilliantly done, J!

Siobhan Says - What I liked best about was it seemed to be a story of two guys going to dinner like any other guys. I got a clue from 'Tony' and absolutely loved the 'live meat in sleeping bag tortillas' that brought the story together. Well done!

J, email either of us with your mailing address and we will get your cover art sent out ASAP!



Thanks for letting us reign over the challenge this week, Lisa. We had a
great time and thank you to all the writers who participated!

Cara & Siobhan
Thank you Cara and Siobhan for judging this week! I have loved having you here.






















































No comments:

Post a Comment