Wednesday, July 24, 2013

55 Word Challenge Winners: Week Sixty-Six

 
I tried to be early this time… even started to post Thursday night, but my computer crashed and my notes were lost. Frustrated I decided to put it off until Friday… and of course I didn’t get back to it. But here we go…
 
Honorable Mentions
 @axelhow: Oooh this one has bite. Love it!
@lissajean7: So sad and yet… it put a shiver through me.
@lejamez: I especially love the last line.
Winner:
@MikeEMillerBook: Wow! This one packs in so much and with quite a punch. Again, loved the last line.
 
“Will it ever stop, Daddy?” she asked. Her voice was barely audible over cacophony that surrounded us.
 
“I don’t know, baby,” I answered. In the distance, the eternal fires burned as hotly as ever.
 
“Will we die?”
 
I could only squeeze her tiny hand in response. Any answer I gave would feel like a lie.
 
55 words
Okay, the next round starts at noon. I have some great picture prompts lined up.  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment