Friday, November 2, 2012

Winner 55 Word Challenge: Week Thirty-Three

Winner 55 Word Challenge:
Week Thirty-Three
 

Honorable Mention:
@RGraceAllen: Jeff says this was a nice mix of horror and erotica, if not a bit freaky
He appears from the stone in the graveyard bearing his name, born from cold rock. Yet his flesh is warm. She’s felt him hovering over her body, giving her ghostly fits of ecstatic pleasure.
“Did you bring the knife?” His voice is barely a whisper.
“Forever,” she answers, and plunges the blade into her heart.
 
Overachiever:
@LastKrystallos: Jeff says the vivid description of this story almost made him feel as though he were on the train.
The train’s cold, hard, easy-to-clean stainless steel fittings were a godsend. My stop approached and I clutched my bulging bag on clenched knees. The bag jerked, I held it close; beating hearts were such a pain, but I needed at least one for the wife…who waited patiently beneath the swirling fog of headstone seventy three.

55 Words

Winner:
 
@Angelique_Rider:  Jeff says, this is one of these stories that matched the picture perfectly. Even if I hadn’t seen the picture, if I’d read the story and then found the picture somewhere I would have thought of this story.
Who Is The Monster Now?

They watched in shocked horror as the Monsters killed their family. Mother had told Constance to use her powers of invisibility to protect the two of them when the first Creature began to break through the door. From the shadows, the two unusual children watched as the Humans murdered their parents, laughing demonically.
Winner of the #55WordChallenge Bumpersticker:
 
@BlanchardAuthor: This one gave me a chuckle the first time I read it and when I went back to look at the past month winners it still made me smile.
I remember the abandoned church in the grounds behind the school. Everyone was convinced it was haunted. Everyone but me. So, I took the dare, and I went inside. I found out, I was right, it wasn’t haunted. At least, not until I met the mad priest and his axe. Now, it’s haunted by me.
Ok, that’s it for this week. Robin, I believe I have your email still and will send the gift card out next week.  Chris, I will need your address to send you the bumpersticker. You can send it to jezri@writing.com. Put 55WordChallenge in the title so I know…  I’ve been getting a lot of junk mail lately. J See you all next week. I have a guest judge and artist lined up… my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment