Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Winner 55 Word Challenge: Week 55

 
I had a really hard time judging this past week’s entries… more so than usual. They was a wide range of stories and they were all so good. In the end I had to be a little picky and count the small things. Also… I would like to remind everyone to make sure you check the rules. Usually I only require one prompt, but since this was a special week, I had a theme… a celebration, and wanted all three prompts used. There were a few that didn’t meet the requirement. If I have anything changed from normal, I have it highlighted in red so it can easily be found. This is important because tomorrow I have a guest judge, James Whitworth Hazzard, and a theme, Zombie Games: Survival In The Zombie Apocalypse. I don’t want anyone to miss out on the prize, which is going to be both of his zombie books, Dead Sea Games:Adrift and Dead Sea Games: Exiled. I’m so excited! Anyway, here are the results for Week 55
Honorable Mentions:
@JMwandering: This made me snicker. I almost felt bad for the Son of Satan. His birthday party started out so lame. Glad the fun finally began. J
@David A. Ludwig: This story chilled me and I kept coming back to it over and over.
@bullishink: OMG, this one made me laugh. Tearing down walls, that’s what we are doing, and having fun while we do. My favorite line…  we’d brought the bastards to their knees. So long Traditional Publishing.
Winner:
@redshirt6: My favorite red shirt has returned to flash fiction and he came back with a bang. A little dancing, music, fireworks… murder with a shot of vecuronium.
 
 
 
@redshirt6May 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM
 
It would have been perfect except for the fucking disco ball.
 
A little dancing, a little music, and a glass of wine. And then the final touch: a syringe of vecuronium – full and instant paralysis. She couldn’t even breath.
 
He left her in her chair, watching fireworks as she died, sitting on a crowded veranda.
 
@redshirt6 – 55 Words
 
Ok, be sure to come back tomorrow for the next challenge. It’s going to be a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment