Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Winner 55 Word Challenge: Week Seventy-One


 
 
Sorry, sorry, I forgot today was Wednesday. My daughter and I went and visited her grandparents and I was home and just relaxing when it hit me. So here we go…
 
Honorable Mentions:
@DavidALudwig: I love the way the story flows.
@bullishink: Powerful and tragic.
@drmagoo: Great use of the prompt.
 
Winner:
@JamesMender: Gave me chills. I want to know more.
 
Aftermath
by James Mender
 
I have my suspicions but, even if I’m right, there’s nothing I can do.
 
In some places, folks are rioting. In others, the faithful are praying because they believe themselves unraptured. This neighborhood, at least, is quiet.
 
I kneel and pick up a forgotten teddy bear.
 
All across the world, the children are just ... gone.
 
~ ~ ~
Author’s note: 55 words.
@JamesMender
 
 
Overachiever:
 @doctormikereddy: Great job using all 3 photo prompts!
 
When young I hugged him. When he could sit he hugged Bear. When he could walk Bear hung by a dangled paw. When he was hit Bear flew, then lay still. With him.
 
Later, I followed in his footsteps. Dangling Bear. Stepping out. Being hit. Flying. Bear stayed behind. I flew on. He hugged me.
 
Ok, I have 2 new badges. Honorable Mention and Overachiever!
 
HM's, Winner and Overachiever, Please take your badges!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment